Thursday, September 16, 2010

Days 1-2 - NYC

Paul here - Spent two great days in my old digs.  Hit my favorite haunts including the little french bistro on Saint Marks and 1st -- Jules.  Still the same.  Also hit my favorite falafel stand the owner of which still recognized me from 7 years ago.  I told him we were staying in Red Hook Brooklyn with a friend and he told me to stop by his new restaurant that he'd just opened there.  It so happened that Erin and I were waiting for my friend to get back home the day before and we were looking for a place to sit down for awhile and have a quick bite and some beers and we stumbled across a small middle eastern place that looked inviting.  It turned out to be the same place my falafel guy had just opened.  What are the chances?  There's like 50,000 middle eastern joints in NYC.

We hiked the new Highline Park.  What a great addition to the city.  I'm glad Chris Reo wasn't able to persuade the New York judge to tear it down.  Progress on the WTC site is slow.  I got a little emotional being there again.  I'm looking forward to seeing the plans they've drawn up for the site fully executed.  Very tasteful.

We get on our Aerosvit plane tonight.  We stop in Kiev for a layover and then to Tiblisi.

Oh, and fly on Shoelace!!  Michigan fans -- please keep informed of the goings-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment